Beach hair: it's effortless, sexy, and (more than likely) a clear indication that Summer is here. When you can't get to the beach, though, texturizing sprays are especially helpful in achieving this look. But not all sprays are created equal. Whether you need to preserve your hair colour, add shine, or want to test out a sea salt-free option, we have you covered. On Kirbie: Forever 21 blazer, Bebe skirt.
Angels Adriana Lima and Erin Heatherton kicked off the launch party for Victoria's Secret's new fitness line at NYC's Herald Square yesterday. The fiercely fit models showed off the brand's latest gear with right hooks, jabs, and a display of their fun personalities. During the event, Erin shared a picture of Adriana on Instagram "showing her how it's done" as she taped Erin into a sparkling black pair boxing gloves and the two sparred in style. This is the girls' second modeling stint together this month after they also teamed up to take on the catwalk at Dosso Dossi’s fashion show last week in Istanbul, where they modeled the Turkish designer’s Spring 2013 collection.
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show went down in NYC on Nov. 8, with appearances from their most famous Angels, Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Adriana Lima — and all the airs Dec. 4 on CBS!
Miranda, Alessandra, and Adriana were joined by a handful of newcomers on the runway, including Cara Delevingne and Jessica Hart. The models strutted their stuff on the runway in six separate sections. Adriana opened the first portion, which had a "Circus" theme featuring acrobats and performers on mini Segways. Earlier in the day, Miranda Kerr told us backstage she was most excited for the circus bit. She said, "I'm amazed at what they can do with their bodies!"
The five following sections included "Dangerous Liaisons," "Calendar Girls," "Pink Is Us," "Silver Screen Angels," and "Angels in Bloom" motifs. There were a handful of memorable ensembles — Alessandra modeled the 2012 Fantasy Bra, covered in $2.5 million worth of gems, while Miranda donned a Swarovski-embellished corset. Doutzen Kroes seemed to be having a great time in a pink pom-pom ensemble, and Karlie Kloss was tasked with wearing a pair of target wings. Lily Aldridge, whose Kings of Leon rocker husband, Caleb Followill, was in the front row, took a turn down the runway in a patriotic flag skirt.
The front row was packed with celebrities. Vanessa Hudgens, Alexa Chung, and Lily's husband, Caleb, were on hand to cheer for their friends and witness the spectacle, as well as the performances. In addition to the Angels, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and Bruno Mars took the stage. Justin performed two songs with a spirited group of backup dancers. It was Rihanna, though, who may have stolen the show. She closed out the final section, and it was hard to keep one's eyes off of her long enough to see the Angels take a final turn.
Miranda Kerr showed off some sexy Victoria's Secret gear at the reopening of NYC's flagship Herald Square store bright and early this morning. She posed with fellow Angels Candice Swanepoel, Lily Aldridge, and Adriana Lima at the special event timed to kick off the holidays. The ladies of Victoria's Secret were reunited after strutting their stuff on the runway earlier this month at the 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which will air on Dec. 4. We caught up with Miranda this morning to chat about where she will watch the big show and her holiday plans, which include spending lots of quality time with husband Orlando Bloom and their adorable baby boy, Flynn. Here is more from Miranda:
- On her plans for watching this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: "I am pretty sure I will be in LA for the show and I know we will be together — the Angels. A few of us girls always get together and watch the show."
- On where she will spend the holidays: "Well this past year I have been in New Zealand so much with Orlando. We've been in South Africa together because he has been filming there, and we've also been in Australia together. And then I have been in Asia too, so to be honest, I have not spent that much time in New York. I arrived right before the show. I came here to do the show and Orlando is still filming in South Africa, but I am going to see him really soon when he finishes up."
- On her holiday traditions: "No matter where we are, we like to cook. I love to cook around Christmas time and be in the kitchen because I am not working. When I have the time to cook, I really enjoy it. We have a lot of people over, friends and family, and it's just about spending quality time together really."
- On staying fit during the holidays: "We love going for family walks together or hiking if we are in LA. If we are in London, we'll take walks. It's something we enjoy doing together as a family. Flynn loves being outside. I also love doing yoga and Flynn does yoga with me on the floor because he has seen it so much. I like to keep my exercise regime at home if I can. Sometimes I'll even hold him and he'll hold onto me like a little koala bear, and I'll do squats. "
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show took place in NYC last night, and the Angels got together to celebrate a job well done afterward! Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr were among the supermodels who posed on the pink carpet at the NYC club Lavo. They were joined by close friends Adriana Lima, Erin Heatherton, Doutzen Kroes, and many more. The bash offered a chance for the girls to let loose after weeks of rigorous training and dieting to hit the runway. Lily Aldridge, who welcomed a baby girl five months ago, tweeted a photo of sliders and fries with the caption, "Come to mama!" Isabeli Fontana had told us earlier in the day that she was most looking forward to celebratory Champagne at the party. There were plenty of celebs on hand to toast with the Angels, including Vanessa Hudgens, Jessica Szohr, Russell Simmons, and designer Alexander Wang. The show's musical guests, Rihanna and Justin Bieber, also stopped by Lavo for a fun end to the exciting day.
Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Lily Aldridge all slipped into pink robes and posed for photos backstage at today's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in NYC. The annual presentation tapes tonight in the Big Apple with the Angels expected to hit the runway wearing the season's hottest lingerie, adorned with their famous wings of course, while Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and Bruno Mars provide the soundtrack to this year's event. Alessandra's been chosen to wear this year's diamond- and gem-encrusted Fantasy Bra, worth an estimated $2.5 million.
The models have been practicing their catwalking skills for the past few days. Miranda even strutted her stuff in a pair of thigh-high boots on her way to rehearsal on Sunday. Stay tuned for more behind-the-scenes photos and be sure to tune in to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Dec. 4 at 10/9 C on CBS.
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is today! The big event doesn't air until Dec. 4 on CBS, but we're getting ready by taking a look at all the backstage chaos, hot performances, and runway glamour from years past. From the over-the-top set designs to the barely-there lingerie, it's pretty amazing to see how far the show has come since the late '90s. See Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Alessandra Ambrosio, Raquel Zimmermann, and even performers like Justin Timberlake when you click through now.
Alessandra Ambrosio was at the Victoria's Secret shop in NYC's Herald Square this morning for the revealing of their annual Fantasy Bra! She has the honor of modeling this year's version, a gem-encrusted bra and belt combo from London Jewelers, during the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which tapes next month in the Big Apple and airs on CBS Dec. 4. It was the latest stop during a busy 24-hour period for Alessandra. Last night, she joined Gisele Bündchen at the Boston opening of In Your Face, an exhibit of Mario Testino photographs. This morning, Alessandra was up early to tout Victoria's Secret on Good Morning America. We caught up with Alessandra in Herald Square, where she dished about modeling the bra after welcoming her second child, son Noah, in March, and her beauty and fitness routine. Alessandra told us:
- On getting the call that she's modeling the Fantasy Bra this year: "When they called to say that I was wearing the Fantasy Bra, I was nursing my baby and he was 2 weeks old, so I was in total mother mode. They told me I am wearing the most amazing bra, the Fantasy Bra. I was like, 'How am I going to do this?'"
- On her beauty routine when she isn't working: "My beauty routine — I wash my face and put on moisturizer or vitamin C serum. No makeup when I am not working because when I work we use makeup at all hours. But when I am not working is all about making your skin feel good."
- What's different about her prep this year for the show: "I try to go to the gym more and I try to go to Pilates almost every day in my spare time. I have been doing a lot of spinning classes. Last year I did spinning classes a lot and it made me feel really good."
- On her best moment as a Victoria's Secret Angel: "I have been working with Victoria's Secret for so long. I love everybody. We are like a big family. My big moment was when I got the call for the Fantasy Bra and I felt the biggest pressure because I just had a baby — and I am wearing the Fantasy Bra this year! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."
Lingerie fans rejoice — Victoria's Secret has opened its first ever London store in Westfield Stratford City today, one of many new shops debuting in time for the Olympics. British model Lily Donaldson plus Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes and Candice Swanepoel (to name but a few) represent the brand and we can expect Angels at the upcoming Bond Street London flagship opening. The Stratford store has bright pink interiors, oversized chandeliers, and a window display featuring iconic outfits from its 2011 fashion show. To get in the mood for the label's lingerie, sleepwear, swimwear, clothing and beauty, take a look through photos from the Victoria's Secret New York catwalk show last November, including Lily Aldrige, Erin Heatherton, Anja Rubik, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karlie Kloss and Chanel Iman!
Europe's first Opening Ceremony store opened in London yesterday, one of many temporary shops popping up over the capital in time for the start of the 2012 Olympics. The New York boutique will become a permanent fixture after the Games, as they will take over a Covent Garden shop a couple of doors down in October. This area will become home to Chanel's beauty pop-up next week, with Karl Lagerfeld opening in Selfridges and plenty of other big names heading to Stratford right by the Olympics venues to take advantage of the international footfall. To see what new shopping opportunities are heading our way, just read more