Novelty Christmas jumpers are a must have for the whole month, but on Friday 13 December, things get a bit more serious. Christmas Jumper Day is a fundraising initiative from Save The Children, encouraging us all to don our most ridiculous fair isle, intarsia, or embellished knitwear in the name of charity. There's definitely no shortage of options available, from designer styles from Markus Lupfer and Wildfox Couture through to bargains from the high street starting at as little as £15. Show your Christmas spirit, and make sure you wear a festive jumper on Friday by shopping some of our favourites below.
She may have got her start thanks to reality TV, but Lauren Conrad has come a long way from her Laguna Beach days. Lauren, who just announced her engagement, has blossomed into a style star with a casual cool look that everyone wants to copy. We're taking a look back at Lauren's beauty evolution, from her signature beachy waves to her golden-girl glow. Go ahead and steal a few of her looks for yourself.
— Additional reporting by Jaime Richards
Lauren Conrad is engaged to William Tell! Lauren shared the news on her personal blog, where she wrote, "I am very excited to share with you guys that William and I got engaged over the weekend. I am beyond thrilled!" Lauren also posted a photo of her gorgeous engagement ring on Instagram with the caption, "Best surprise ever." Lauren and William, a law student, have been dating since 2012 — congrats to the happy couple!
Lauren Conrad traveled to India last week with her friends Hannah and Yoni, and the trio have been soaking up the sights ever since. They participated in the annual Hindu Holi Festival, which celebrates the end of Winter and start of Spring with the throwing of powdered pigments in the street. Lauren ended up with pink hair after the fun and later accessorized her bright new look with a henna tattoo. The excitement continued with a trip to the Taj Majal, breakfast in Jaipur, and even more sightseeing. Click through to see all of LC's vacation snaps!
Lauren Conrad shows off a fresh Spring look on the cover of Lucky's March issue, which hits newsstands today. She's been juggling her multiple clothing lines, including the recent launch of her Paper Crown online store, with quality time alongside her USC law student boyfriend, William Tell. The couple vacationed in Bora Bora at the beginning of the month before getting back to their busy routine. Inside the publication, LC chatted about her and William's tricky schedules, plans for a family, and the fashion industry. Here's more from Lauren Conrad in Lucky:
- On having kids: "I want kids, but not in the immediate future. All of my friends in their early 30s who just started having kids say, 'Give it a few years.'"
- On getting into the fashion industry: "The TV show did not help my reputation very much. It was difficult to be taken seriously. But I think the fact that I went to school to study fashion and worked in the industry helped me. I think it's a good thing to feel like you have to prove something, because you're always going to have to work a little bit harder."
- On spending time with boyfriend William Tell: "Honestly, he studies all weekend and I've been working. I'm renovating a condo, so I've been spending my weekends shopping for home stuff at flea markets."
Lauren Conrad and Rachel Bilson helped celebrate ShoeMint's one-year anniversary at Laurel Hardware in LA on Saturday. The footwear line is designed by Rachel and her partner, stylist Nicole Chavez, and they were both on hand to toast their milestone with Lauren, Jaime King, and Cacee Cobb. Rachel and Nicole were thrilled to have their pals on hand, with ShoeMint tweeting postparty, "Thank you so much to everyone who celebrated our 1 year birthday! Amazing to have so many smart and talented women together in one place."
Lauren's no stranger to design, being the brains behind her own Paper Crown collection. She's been busy touting her pieces, as well as two books, Lauren Conrad Beauty and Starstruck. Lauren's had boyfriend William Tell by her side during the very busy year and, in a recent interview, hinted about their future together. Lauren alluded to marriage in one chat, saying, "I kind of hope I’m done with dating . . . At the moment, I don’t think I’m ready for [marriage]. I have a lot of professional things that I’m focusing on."
Lauren Conrad donned a black leather dress for a book signing at Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica yesterday. She met with fans and autographed copies of her two recent literary works, Starstruck and Lauren Conrad Beauty, which she's been promoting around the US. Last week, Lauren made appearances in NYC, Philadelphia, and Miami for her tour.
The traveling continued over the weekend, when she stopped in Grand Cayman and Atlanta before returning home. She took a lighthearted approach towards a hold-up at security when leaving the Cayman Islands and joked on Twitter, "Had my bags searched 3 times and got pat down twice before boarding my plane. Do they think I'm trying to smuggle Iguanas out of here?" Lauren appears to have new company now that she's back home. Lauren shared an adorable photo of her dog Chloe meeting a new puppy named Fitz, a recent adoption from an animal shelter.
Lauren Conrad literally took over NYC yesterday with two public events scheduled to promote her new books, Lauren Conrad Beauty and Starstruck. She first visited SiriusXM's Manhattan studios to chat about everything from fashion to her writing career. Later in the day, LC changed into a bright gold dress and dropped by a Barnes & Noble location to sign books. Fans had the opportunity have her autograph her latest hardback releases and Lauren's November Allure cover. She talked to the magazine about fame, her days on The Hills, and of course, dating in Hollywood. Lauren confessed she's not attracted to slobs, and lucky for her, it looks like boyfriend William Tell takes great pride in his appearance.
Lauren Conrad went retro for Allure's November issue, which goes on sale Oct. 23. She's juggling multiple projects, including her fashion lines and latest books, as well as her relationship with boyfriend William Tell. LC and William made their red carpet debut last week, and in the publication, LC reveals her past dating troubles and how she's handling the spotlight. Here's more from Lauren Conrad in Allure:
- On dating: "You don’t want a slob, but you don't want a guy who's constantly borrowing your tweezers . . . The last year and a half, I was dating a lot, and it's slim pickings."
- On being in the spotlight: "People felt that a lot of the things I had were undeserved, maybe because I didn’t have a specific talent; I was more of a regular girl and maybe didn’t deserve the attention. I think anyone in the public eye is going to be hated, and a lesson that I needed to learn quickly is that it is impossible to please everybody. One person will call you classy, and another will call you boring."
- On The Hills: "I think the story they told wasn’t a dishonest one. The way they did it sometimes was. They aren't going to be there for everything. Sometimes two of their main characters will get into a fight, and that’s important to the story line. The [producers] need that reenacted. Their thing was always: it did happen. They're not making this up: you just didn’t see it."
Lauren Conrad made her red carpet debut with boyfriend William Tell on Friday night at the Susan G. Komen foundation's Designs For the Cure gala. The event was hosted by Lauren at LA's Millennium Biltmore Hotel. Lauren seems to be getting more and more comfortable stepping out with William — the duo were also photographed together a week ago at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. Lauren organized Friday's bash as one of many celebrities getting active during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the proceedings featured models in some of her Paper Crown designs. The coming week is set to be a busy one for Lauren, too, since she just landed in NYC ready to kick off her latest book tour.